Captain Don Walsh: Exploring the Deepest Oceans - A Personal Odyssey
Scott Cassell: The Undersea Voyager Project
- The Undersea Voyager Project, founded by Captain Scott Cassell, is an expedition to circumnavigate the Earth, underwater – over 27,000 miles. During his time underwater, Captain Cassell showcased his love for sharks, his passion for the ocean and how he influences the next generation of underwater explorers.
Guardians of the Gates: Coast Guard Surf boats
- This unique viewing of Guardians of the Gates takes a hard look at the elite Coast Guard Search and Rescue crews and their duties in extreme weather and treacherous waves. Filmed at the second busiest Coast Guard Station, the Golden Gate Bridge, Guardians gets an inside look at why these rescuers put their lives on the line everyday.
Zac Sunderland – Around the World with Intrepid (November)
- Zac, the youngest ever to complete a solo circumnavigation, shared his adventures on his 28,000 nautical mile, 13 month, trip of around the world as he overcame cultural differences, loneliness and treacherous weather.
Captain Don Walsh – Exploring the Deepest Oceans – A Personal Odyssey (October)
David Grant, Seafaring Tales 2012 (September)
- The popular Seafaring Tales with David Grant returned with three unique lectures. This mini-series included: Captain James Cook’s first, second and third voyages, the story of western ocean exploration and concluded with the lesser-know but also fearless explorers.
- Watch Seafaring Tales Night One, Two and Three.
Roz Savage, Five Million Oar Strokes Around the World (February)
- Roz Savage, the National Geographic Adventurer of the Year in 2010, world-record breaker, and author spoke about her solo-row across the Pacific, Atlantic and the Indian Ocean. After her presentation, we hosted an encore question and answer session moderated by local radio broadcaster and columnist, Mike Whitehead.
- Watch Roz’ presentation and question and answer session.
Ernest Marquez, Noir Afloat: Tony Cornero and the Notorious Gambling Ships of Southern California (October)
- In collaboration with the Newport Beach Historical Society, ExplorOcean/NHNM presented author Ernest Marquez who spoke about prohibition-era Southern California and the infamous gambling ships that once anchored off the coast.
David Grant, Seafaring Tales: Season Two ( September)
- In September, David Grant presented his popular mini-series on seafarers and explorers. His three-part series included: a survey of sailing vessels from the Viking era to America’s Cup, the legend and reality of the Sir Francis Drake, and a look at the infamous expedition of the H.M.S. Beagle led by Charles Darwin.
Chris Welsh, Journeys into the Deep: The Five Dives Expedition (May)
- Chris Welsh spoke on the highly anticipated Five Dives Expedition, a collaborative effort with Sir Richard Branson and a team of some of the best researchers, scientists and engineers, that will explore Earth’s final frontier by voyaging to the five deepest depths of the five oceans
- Watch clips from Chris Welsh’s lecture about his upcoming deep sea voyage.
Don Preul, Nautical Treasures Visit Newport Beach ( March)
- Don Preul, Curator at the US Naval Academy Museum in Annapolis came to the Museum to talk about the delicate task and responsibility of caring for the Museums ship model collection as well as some of the notable pieces in their collection.
Michael Lawler, The Voyage of Traveler: A Three-Year Circumnavigation (February)
- A Newport Beach native, Michael Lawler inspired many when he changed his life by selling his law firm and buying a yacht that would take him on a three-year journey around the world. He shared his encounters with pirates, far-off islands and unique cultures from around the globe.
David Grant, Seafaring Tales (September – October)
- David Grant brings to life some of the most exciting tales from seafaring history with his seven-part mini series Seafaring Tales. Some of the lecture topics include: Mutiny on the Bounty, Magellan, Shackleton’s expedition to Antartica and much more. To relive this incredible lecture series visit our webstore to purchase this great 7-disc set.
Seafaring Tales with David Grant DVD
“A Series of Seafaring Tales with David Grant”
ExplorOcean/Newport Harbor Nautical Museum proudly presents “A Series of Seafaring Tales with David Grant” available now in a beautifully edited and packaged 7 DVD set for just $39.99! (plus shipping, if applicable).
From the First Fleet of Australia to the discoveries of Christopher Columbus, Mr. Grant’s ability to bring these epic tales to life will open your eyes, entertain and delight as he shares with you a series of great and exciting tales of the sea.
- DISC 1:“The Voyage of Convict Fleet and the Founding of Australia”
- DISC 2: “Cape Horn: An Unforgettable Place For Those Who Survived Their Heroic Passages and Lived to Tell of It”
- DISC 3: “The Remarkable Tale of Ernest Shackleton and the Trans-Antarctic Expedition 1914-1917”
- DISC 4: “Aurora and the Shackleton Expedition: The Stirring Story of Life and Death on the Far Side of Antarctica”
- DISC 5: “William Bligh: Survivor of More Than a Mutiny Aboard the Famous HMS Bounty ”
- DISC 6: “Admiral of the Ocean Sea: Christopher Columbus, Success and Failure”
- DISC 7: “Magellan: The Vision, the Audacity and the Tragedy of the First Voyage Around the World”
Purchase your copy online using our secure web store, by calling us at 949-675-8915 or via e-mail at email@example.com.