Top U.S. Ocean Exploration Events & Calendar
Do you love the ocean and want to learn more through hands-on real-world experiences? Check out our top U.S. ocean exploration events and calendar to find opportunities to dive in and participate!
Top U.S. Ocean Exploration Events:
- May 27-31: NEAQ Shedd at Sea: Atlantic Ocean Exploration Cruise
- July 9-11: Nautilus Live: Deep-Sea Exploration of the Baltic Sea
- August 11-15: Nautilus Live: Deep-Sea Exploration of the Ionian Sea
Upcoming Calendar of Events:
- September 17-19: International Coastal Cleanup
- October 1-31: Ocean Conservation Month
Find Ocean Exploration Events On Social Media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oceanexplorationtrust/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheOceanExpedi1
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OceanExpeditionTrust
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oceanexpeditiontrust/
Top Ocean Exploration Events For The Family
If you and your family love the Ocean and are looking for fun ocean exploration activities, check out these family-friendly events below!
- March 21-April 12: Ocean Camp at Monterey Bay Aquarium
- June 8-12: Seacamp at Catalina Island Marine Institute
- July 13-17: Family Oceanography Camp at Birch Aquarium
September 20: World Cleanup Day
Join the world in cleaning up trash from our oceans, beaches, and land! This event is free and open to everyone who wants to help make a difference.
October 13: Nautilus Halloween Exploration Cruise
Dress up in your best Halloween costume and join us on this spooky exploration cruise! We'll be searching for ghosts of the deep sea while you enjoy candy and Halloween fun.
Other Exciting Ocean Education Activities & Learning
Want more of an educational experience guided by experts? Check out these oceanography-type events focused on learning and open to the public!
- May 30-June 2: Oceanography Society Meeting
- June 3-4: Dive Into Your Data Workshop
- October 15-16: The Future of Coral Reefs Symposium
NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research Upcoming Webinars Join NOAA for upcoming webinars on ocean exploration and research topics!
- July 13: Introduction to the NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research
- July 27: Exploring Deep-Sea Coral and Sponge Habitats with Autonomous Vehicles
- August 10: Using Genetic Tools in Marine Mammal Conservation
Ocean Education Lectures & Exhibits Events For Kids
Learn from the top Ocean experts and scientists in the country. Check out these upcoming lectures and ocean exhibits:
Ocean Exhibits in the US
- May 27-September 6: Sharks! Exhibit at the California Science Center
- June 11-September 3: Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition at the Luxor Las Vegas
- July 1-August 31: National Geographic Photo Ark Exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden Ocean Lectures for Kids: Tuesdays in July & August
Every Tuesday in July and August, the Birch Aquarium will be holding free ocean lectures for kids ages 5-12! Learn about a new ocean animal each week through fun activities, crafts, and games.
Oceanography Lectures in The US
- June 1-4: American Society of Limnology and Oceanography Annual Meeting
- July 17-22: International Congress for Conservation Biology
- August 22-26: European Geosciences Union General Assembly
These are just a few of the many exciting ocean exploration events happening in the U.S. this year! Check back often for updates and be sure to sign up for our mailing list to stay informed about future events.